A business is a living entity of constant transaction to and fro. This involves a humungous amount of information to be dealt with. Former Chief Research and Strategy Officer at Microsoft, Craig Mundie says “Data is becoming the new raw material of business.”
But one may die out curiosity as to how to extrapolate valuable information. It is because there is so much raw data available in today’s world. The essential question is that how does one know whether it is useful for his/her organisation or not? This is where the art of Business Analytics comes into play. So before jumping into conclusions, let us understand what is meant by Business Analytics?
Business Analytics is the study of processed information. It involves the swotting the previous pattern, comparing with the present situation and concluding as to what will be the best decision for the future of the company. As per the US Bureau of Labour Statistics, the analytics industry has observed a rise of 62% as compared to last year. There is around 1.5 Lakh opportunity in this sector. It is expected to multiply in the coming times to 11.5 million by 2026. Business analytics is one of its key verticals. So now as it is very much evident in the facts itself that Business Analytics is burgeoning industry.
How to pursue Business Analytics?
Now someone may wonder as to how to master the Business Analytics skill. Being a highly technical and managerial skill, students are supposed to do an in-depth study before they take up jobs in this field. PGDM in Business Analytics is one of the most comprehensive courses offering rigorous training in this field.
About the curriculum: –
1. It is a two years program,
2. Each year is divided into two semesters,
3. Students are taught in a stepwise manner. They are upgraded from basics to advanced level. This course involves various essential subjects such as Management Concepts and Theories, Marketing, Human Resource Management, Finance and more. There are domain-specific courses as well. Example Data Management Basics, Spreadsheet Modelling and Analytics, DBMS, etcetera.
4. Students are not just exposed to conceptual studies, but they are equally given practical exposures. They get to complete live projects and presentations. This instils a sense of professionalism and commitment to their studies. Students also get the opportunity to intern with some of the best companies in the market under the top leaders. This practice exposes them to real-life situations which somewhat fills the gap between the theoretical studies and occupational requirements in the real-world events.
There are two important requisites to apply in the PGDM Business Analytics programs: –
1. Students who hold a graduation degree from any stream are eligible to apply.
2. Usually, the minimum marks criteria vary from college to college. However, a student must strive to secure a minimum of 50% marks in the qualifying examination.
Career Opportunities After Completing PGDM in Business Analytics
Students are offered a wide-ranging career option on accomplishing the Business Analytics course. Here are some of the prominent opportunity one gets exposed to:-
1. Business Analyst,
2. Big Data Analyst,
3. Business Analyst Industry Expert
4. Business Analyst Project Manager
5. Data Analyst,
6. Data Mining Expert, etcetera. So, anyone who is passionate about business, statistics, technology, etcetera, this course is an abode for you.