Computer science engineering deals with computer engineering and computer science. This is one of the most sought after courses in engineering. This branch of engineering emphasizes on basics of computer programming and networking. It has a vast number of subjects that are based on computation, algorithms, programming languages, program design, computer software and hardware. It deals with the design, implementation and management of information systems. Computer science engineering comprises electrical, electronic engineering, information technology, software engineering etc.
What do computer science engineers do?
Computer engineer’s job varies from designing to manufacturing. They build devices, design computer networks and develop new technologies. They have a strong understanding of how to optimize hardware for different applications. Daily, their job comprises of researching software and computer hardware. They resolve problems or address concerns that occur with the hardware or software and aid in the advancement of computer technology.
Eligibility criteria to pursue B-tech in computer science engineering:
Aspirants should have passed higher secondary with science subjects such as Mathematics, physics, chemistry as core subjects. They should have secured minimum aggregate marks of 60% in all the subjects. Apart from that, the aspirant should have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills along with critical thinking and creativity. They also have to appear for various entrance exams for getting admission to a good government college such as JEE main or JEE advanced.
Reasons to pursue computer science engineering:
- In-demand profession: The digital age is progressing at a faster pace than ever before. In every field, computers or electronic gadgets are required. The need for professionals with a strong understanding of programming is required everywhere. These professionals are needed to design, develop and apply their technical skills daily to run any industry.
- Global Opportunities: Since all the countries use computers in all their industries, naturally they would need computer professionals as well. All the global companies in education, media, web designing, electronics have IT cells for which they need computer engineers. The aspirants will always have options to go abroad and work.
- Job-prospect: Computer science engineer after completion of their academic courses, gets job opportunities in various industries like IT/software companies, Academic institutes, sales and marketing firms, engineering firms, media houses etc.
- Deep understanding of evolving technologies: this branch of engineering involves the study and understanding of emerging technology and its theories. These professionals will always be ahead of the current technologies and would be able to participate in the development of new technologies in computer software programmes.
- Scope for research: If a professional wants to go in the field of research in a technical field, information and computer science, they can do so. This branch of engineering provides you with the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed.
With the fast development of technology, the scope of computer science engineering is increasing. Computer science has become an integral part of the world that we live in today. A degree in this field opens up great career prospects for the students. The computer science engineering subjects provide an in-depth understanding of emerging technologies which gives them varieties of career options to choose from.